Wednesday 30 January 2013

Contentment



There is this old tradition among the selected few that is resurfacing as a new character. Do I call it a character, behavior or belief? Whichever! It comes with quire tags, so and so can’t own that it ought to be mine, yours? Huh!

Not so much of a thought, mmmhh!  But that is were Jealousy begins. It all begins with individuals who believe the entire universe rotates around them. All they do is want, want and WANT!

I bought this beautiful pair of shoes (for mimi of course) it really hit me hard when I was told by someone so dear that she could just pay me to have them, reason they suited her, mmhh! Why not me? When I bought them I loved them and they had a place in my wardrobe. I was left thinking I ‘ant I entitled to anything good? 

I asked God for grace, A LOT. I tell my siblings to always ask me anything without fear i always give when I can. One thing though, if a friend asked for a token if I don’t give,  man! The guilt will slain me. I hate guilt, I really do, that is why as an individual I can’t complete a white lie.

I also don’t like harboring resentment and the filling of being used or just being insufficient.  That is why I always ask God to create me a giving heart. My condition has always been to possess that ability to say ...

NO! When I am pushed to an extreme. I won’t compromise my joy for anybodies favour. God’s alone matters.

Why all this narrative? Sweetheart, contentment. That ability to just appreciate the little you have and be glad with it. If you don’t you can hunt down the entire world and miss the joy of it all.
Just look at Stella in that beautiful dress and say “girl you look gorgeous” DON’T, “huh! That would have looked better on me!”  

 Contentment is accepting the fact that you can never own everything.  To lack is Human (hehehe not divine.) It’s just a motivation to work harder to attain that need.

Even the bible asks; what is the need of having it all and missing the kingdom of God? Solomon, the wisest man ever lived said it was all VANITY.
 
Just be content with the little you have, God will give you surplus. Be happy when your friends’ progress, Jehovah will expand your boundaries. You live a satisfied life only when you are contented.

One more thing, I am more contented because I am sure you read this. I love you all mwaaaaaaah.

2 comments:

  1. tru dat. being contented wt wat u have mytactually save you from soo many ills and stresses of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not wid beautiful tings all over

    ReplyDelete