Sunday 29 July 2012

THE BRO CODE



On this cool afternoon, I walk to steers on Wabera Street to meet two men, I knew since they were small boys. We went to school together and parted ways but as they tell me the bro code has always kept them intact. 

I used to query if men can be this close? I used to ask what they would be talking about. The word ‘bro’ only rung when it i would be referring to my brother, same friends at the club or at the Gym. After meeting Joe mwangi and Steven Maingi I was not only amazed but also perplexed. The bro code really existed and it is here to stay.

According to Joe Mwangi the bro code is more than friendship. “This is a set of rules that...

 are engraved in our hearts” says Joe mwangi “I will leave anything I am doing to settle issues with ‘my bro’ failure means breaking of same rules”. That gives me another question who is a bro? “A Bro is a person who would give you the shirt off his back when he doesn't want to wear it anymore.

 A Bro is a person who will bend over backwards to help you bend someone else over backwards. In short, a Bro is a lifelong companion you can trust will always be there for you, unless he's got something else going on” says Steven. According to both of them any male qualify as long as they bond and there is more than mutual understanding. 

Many times we have always assumed that this type of bonding existed among women only. Today men are maintaining companionship amongst themselves than with women. They not only become bosom friends but also share deep secrets. The most exciting part is they will never admit it. According to research men attribute secrets to women and gossip.

8 comments:

  1. the interesting bit is that mens bonds are tighter than womens bonds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very tight thats why after marri0ge they still have time for the 'boyz' while we have time for the babies

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah boys can be close.I have a friend whom we met in form 1 and we are still close to date.Now do you believe boys can be close?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehehe what of sista codes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even those ones are there am working on that

      Delete
  5. Nkt to all bro codes!! Well written;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some break them though...just needs few principles

      Delete